Vinyl siding has been around since the early 1900s. It was originally used as an exterior wall covering material for homes, barns, garages, sheds, and other structures. Today, vinyl siding is still a widely used and popular choice for its durability, ease of installation, curb appeal, and low maintenance requirements.
There are many benefits to using vinyl siding for your home exterior siding projects. Here are a few reasons why you should consider a vinyl siding project for the exterior of your home.
1) Durability: The most obvious benefit of choosing vinyl over brick or wood siding is that it will last longer than these materials. Real wood can rot from moisture exposure while bricks require frequent repointing. Vinyl siding does not have any such issues. In fact, if properly installed, it may even outlast some types of stone veneer!
2) Ease of Installation: Vinyl siding installation is much easier than installing wood, brick, fiber cement siding, or any other materials. This means less time spent on-site and more money saved in labor costs.
3) Low Maintenance Requirements: Unlike wood, which requires regular painting, staining, and sealing, vinyl siding only needs occasional cleaning. You don’t have to worry about peeling paint or rotting boards when you choose vinyl siding.
4) Versatility: If you want to change up the look of your house without having to tear down walls, then vinyl siding is perfect for you. With so many different styles available, you can easily customize your home by changing just one piece of siding. For example, you could replace all of the windowsills with vinyl siding, add shutters, or create unique designs like arches, columns, and cornices.
5) Weather Resistance: Because vinyl siding doesn’t expand or contract due to changes in temperature, it won’t crack or warp under extreme weather conditions. Even though vinyl siding isn’t made specifically for outdoor use, it can withstand temperatures ranging from -40°F to 140°F.
6) Energy-Efficient: When compared to traditional building materials, vinyl siding offers better energy efficiency. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, vinyl siding uses approximately 30% less energy than wood products. Additionally, unlike wood, vinyl siding doesn‘t absorb heat during the winter months. As a result, it helps keep your home warmer throughout the year. Vinyl siding can reduce your energy bills while increasing your home comfort!
7) Cost Savings: While vinyl siding might cost slightly more upfront than wood or brick, it saves homeowners thousands of dollars in long-term expenses. Since vinyl siding lasts twice as long as wood, it also reduces the amount of replacement needed. And, according to the National Association of Home Builders, replacing old siding every 10 years results in annual savings of $7,000-$10,000 per residence. This makes it an average-cost choice!
8) Easy Cleanup: One of the biggest advantages of vinyl siding is how simple it is to clean. All you really need is soap and water. No harsh chemicals are required!
9) Flexibility: Vinyl siding allows you to make quick adjustments to your home design. Whether you decide to remove part of the front porch, build new stairs, or extend a deck, the vinyl siding makes it possible.
10) Customization Options: There are a wide variety of ways to personalize your home with vinyl siding. From adding decorative trim pieces to creating custom patterns to insulated siding, you can do almost anything imaginable given its great variety of colors!
If you’re looking for a durable, average-cost alternative to wood that will last longer while saving you money over the course of several decades, then vinyl siding material may be right for you.
Our team at Vinyl Siding San Antonio is an experienced vinyl siding contractor who will work with you to create a custom look that fits your home and lifestyle. We are committed to providing our clients with superior quality vinyl siding installation services with the utmost level of care and professionalism. Vinyl Siding San Antonio is committed to providing our clients with the highest degree of customer service. We also offer free siding estimates! If you’re looking for a durable exterior material and quality siding that will last for decades, then consider getting a professional vinyl siding installation service. High-quality vinyl siding is the ideal exterior material for your home. Vinyl siding options come in a wide range of colors and styles. Plus, it’s easy to install and maintain. Call us today to learn more about our vinyl siding products and services and be one of our satisfied customers in San Antonio, TX!