Vinyl siding has been around since the early 1900s. It was originally used as an exterior material for homes and businesses. However, vinyl siding has become increasingly popular due to its durability, affordability, and ease of installation.
There are several types of vinyl siding brands out there. Some are better than others. In this article, we will discuss six different types of vinyl siding that you should consider when remodeling your home.
1) Wood-look Vinyl: This is a type of vinyl siding that looks like wood. The main difference between it and other types of vinyl siding is that it does not have any plastic or aluminum in it. Instead, it uses real wood veneers on top of the PVC foam core. These materials make it look more realistic compared to regular vinyl siding.
Wood-look vinyl can be installed over existing brick walls without having to remove them first. If you want to install it over concrete blocks, however, then you need to drill holes into the wall before installing the panels.
2) Aluminum-Look Vinyl: This is another type of vinyl siding with a metallic appearance. Unlike wood-look vinyl, aluminum-look vinyl comes with metal frames inside the panel. They also come with a special coating so they do not rust easily.
3) Composite Vinyl: This is one of the most common types of vinyl siding available today. It combines both fiberglass and polyester resin together to create a strong yet flexible product. Fiberglass gives composite vinyl strength while polyester provides flexibility.
4) Metal-Look Vinyl: Like aluminum-look vinyl, metal-look vinyl features metal frames inside the panels. But unlike aluminum-look vinyl, these frames are made from steel instead of aluminum. Steel makes metal-look vinyl stronger and less prone to corrosion.
5) Timber-Look Vinyl: This type of vinyl siding mimics natural timber products such as cedar shakes and redwood planks. Timber-look vinyl is usually thicker than standard vinyl siding because it contains multiple layers of plywood.
6) Color-Coated Vinyl: This type of siding is coated with paint rather than being manufactured using actual lumber. As a result, color-coated vinyl cannot withstand extreme weather conditions very well.
Qualities to Look for Before Buying Vinyl Sidings
Before buying vinyl siding, here are some things you must know about it.
The best thing about vinyl siding is how durable it is. Most homeowners who use it say that their vinyl siding lasts longer than traditional wooden siding. For example, if you live in an area where heavy rainfalls frequently, vinyl siding may last up to 10 years. On the other hand, if you live in a dry climate, vinyl siding could only last 5 years.
Another great quality of vinyl siding is its affordability. Compared to other types of siding, vinyl siding costs much cheaper. A typical house built in 1970 would cost $10-$15 per square foot to build. Today, however, houses constructed during that time period cost anywhere from $20-$30 per square foot. That’s why many people prefer vinyl siding nowadays.
One of the biggest advantages of vinyl siding is how easy it is to install. All you need to do is cut the pieces according to the measurements provided by the manufacturer. Then simply place each piece onto the wall and secure it with screws. Once all the pieces are secured, apply caulk along the seams. Finally, smooth down the surface with sandpaper until everything is completely flat.
Unlike other types of siding, vinyl siding requires little maintenance. If properly installed, vinyl siding can be left alone without any further care or attention. The only exception is if you want to repaint the entire siding every few years. Otherwise, just wipe off dirt and debris regularly.
If you have decided to buy vinyl siding, then you might wonder which brand is right for you? Well, before making a purchase, make sure you read our guide on choosing the perfect vinyl siding brand. We hope this information helps!
Vinyl siding is a great way to protect your home from the elements. If you’re looking for a way to improve the look of your home without spending a fortune, consider vinyl siding. It’s a cost-effective way to give your home a fresh coat of paint. Plus, it’s low-maintenance and lasts for years. Your home deserves a beautiful new look. Get started today by calling Vinyl Siding San Antonio for a free estimate!